Traditionally, there are different types of dessert items, which are usually served after the dinner in South Asian culture. Some people cannot think of a dinner menu without at least one dessert item. Usually, milk based sweets are more used as a dessert. In this purview, malai bread recipe is a perfect choice.
In this recipe, the bread is given heart shape for drawing an attention of the guests’ to the dish. However, you can cut the bread giving whatever shape that is convenient to you. You can use any dice or cutter for making the similar shape of all the pieces. This is though a quick recipe, it makes a healthy and delicious food.
When I don’t have much time I prefer to make this dessert for my guests. Nowadays we are all busy, we don’t have much time for cooking. So we always want to save our valuable time. This recipe is perfect for my busiest friend, who don’t have much time for cooking but want to makes some special food for his/her family or friends. It is easy to cook and also good looking. After serving the bread recipe in front of your family or friends, I am sure they will say” Wow, Yummy!” And that appreciation will make you happy and inspire you for cooking.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
Ingredients for bread recipe:
500 gm bread (sliced)
2 tbsp butter
1 tin condensed milk
1-litre liquid milk
2 tbsp crushed peanut
Process for bread recipe:
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the pieces of bread until both sides are golden or light brown.
- Keep aside the fried bread.
- Boil liquid milk over a low beam in a nonstick sauce pan and make the milk thick until the quantity becomes half. (Try to use a good quality nonstick saucepan.)
- Add condensed milk to the thickened liquid milk and make the malai. Boil it for 1 minute.
- Add heart shaped fried bread to the milk mixture.
- Spread the half crushed peanuts over pieces of bread and malai. You can also add almond, pistachio or cashew instead of peanut.
- Cook until bread and milk quantity is almost equal. If you have induction cooktop then use ths for all cooking. This is very safe.
- Take to a serving dish and keep it for cooling.
- Serve the malai bread recipe as a dessert.
- If you like my Malai bread recipe please share this recipe with your family and friends.
- I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my family and friends.
Amount per serving
Total Carbohydrates 0.0g
Nutrition Grade F
Very low in sugar
Very high in saturated fat (14.6g)