Delicious carrot jorda comes from carrot dessert recipes. We can make many recipes from carrot and carrot jorda is one of them. I always try to make a new recipe for my family and friends. This recipe is one that I try for my family and my family loves my new innovation. That inspires me again to innovate new recipes.
Carrot is an excellent source of beta-carotene, which makes it bright orange color. Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A and vitamin E, which protects your eyesight, maintains healthy skin and boosts the growth of children. It also possesses vitamin K and several minerals including potassium, manganese, magnesium, and zinc.
Carrot is used as a salad, vegetable or as a decorative or colorful ingredient with pulao and other foods. But here in this recipe, carrot jorda adds taste and flavor of the food mainly to attract the children and people who usually don’t like to eat carrots. It is mildly sweetened and the taste is enriched with milk, ghee, butter, nuts, raisin, and pistachio. Carrot jorda can be served during family parties and gatherings either as a snack or as a dessert item after dinner.
Preparation and cooking of carrot jorda are very easy compared to its deliciousness. Its required ingredients are also very few and those are available almost everywhere. It is a very healthy food, delicious and one would certainly appreciate the chef if served among the friends on good occasions. Nowadays carrots are available at any time of the year, so not only is this jorda very delicious and easy to make, you can also make it throughout the year.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for carrot dessert recipes:
6 pieces carrot
1 tsp ghee
1 tin condensed milk
2 tsp butter
1 tsp pistachio
1 tsp wall nut
50 gm raisin/sultana
1 tbsp mawa(optional)
Process for carrot dessert recipes:
- Make thin slices of carrots using food grater. Use a good grater for carrot grating. You can check Amazon for good vegetable cutter.
- Blanch (half Boil) carrot slices in full boiled water for about 2 minutes.
- Strain out water from half boiled carrot slices.
- Heat the frying pan and put ghee and butter. Heat for about 1 minute.
- Add half boiled carrot slices and stir gently.
- After pan-frying, add condensed milk and stir continuously. You can add any other thickened milk with a little sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Add pistachio, walnut, and raisin to the carrot mixture.
- Stir continually until the moisture is almost dried up and oil comes out of the jorda.
- You can also add mawa to increase the taste of the carrot jorda. But this step is completely optional.
- Take the yummy carrot dessert recipes in a dish for serving. As the jorda itself is very colorful with the mixture of nuts, pistachio, and raisin extra decoration is not required.
- Serve the delicious carrot jorda in front of your family and friends.
- If you like my carrot dessert recipes please share this recipe with your family and friends.
- I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
|Good Points||Bad Points|
|High in vitamin A||Very high in sugar|