Delicious chicken masala recipe though an Indian style chicken recipe is liked by almost his type of cooking is practices in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka. But, even you display this item during dinner or lunch before any American, European, and Korean or Chinese, they all will surely enjoy it. Although the recipe includes many spices, you can use a minimum quantity of red chili powder and green chili paste for non-Asians.
Chicken masala is not only a delicious item in your, but also it is a healthy food. It is liked by people of all ages. The process and cooking have some steps, but if you follow the recipe it would surely make your job easy.
|Preparation time||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||3 hours|
Ingredients for chicken masala recipe
1 kg chicken
1 tsp ginger paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp green chili paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp onion paste
1 tbsp garlic slice
1 tsp red chili powder
2 tbsp peanut paste
1 tsp hot spice powder
1 tbsp yogurt
½ cup oil
1 tsp sugar
1 pinch saffron (soak in rose water)
2 tbsp ghee
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
7-8 pieces dry red chili
1 cup onion, sliced
Process for chicken masala recipe
- Cut the chicken into 7 to 8 pieces. Wash with fresh water and drain out.
- Add ½ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp hot spice powder, green chili paste, turmeric powder, garlic paste, salt and yogurt with chicken pieces. Keep it for 2 hours
- Put oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry onion slices until light brown. Put dry red chilies and fry until deep brown. Remove fried onion and red chili from the pan and keep it aside.
- Fry garlic slices until brown. Add ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, hot spice powder, and ghee. Boil for 1-2 minutes with a half cup of water. Add marinated chicken and stir gently mixing with the boiled spices and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until the gravy is dried up.
- Add one cup water, peanut paste, and sugar. Stir and cover with a lid and cook for another 10 minutes. Add fried onion and saffron on top and dim the burner. Keep for 5 minutes before removing from the burner. Remove the pan from heat when oil rises from chicken. (Try to cook this recipe in an induction cooktop.)
- Delicious chicken masala recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve Chicken masala with rice, pulao, paratha or tortilla.
If you like my chicken masala recipe please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|