Among different chicken recipes, Chicken roast is the one reserved for special occasions like marriage ceremony, Eid (Muslims’ holy festivals) etc. It is one of those recipes, which proves chef’s expertise and specialty in cooking. Because of its yummy taste and use of less hot pepper, it is very favorite to children. So, why to wait for the special occasions? You can cook the chicken roast at home whenever you feel like to include on your family menu. Thus, this recipe is designed for cooking at home to take the taste of chicken roast in the family environment.
Although, if you ask a professional chef he will give you a very long list ingredients and spices for cooking the chicken roast. But, this recipe tells how the roast can be cooked with the least ingredients and in the simplest way. Here all spices are mixed together and added to the fried chicken and ghee.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 20 minutes|
Ingredients for chicken roast
1 piece (rural domestic) chicken of about one kg size. You can use broiler if ‘deshi’ chicken is not available
1 cup onion paste
½ cup vinegar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp chili powder
2 medium size onion, sliced
3 tbsp ginger paste
3 tsp poppy seeds paste
1 tsp hot spices powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp raisin
3 tbsp cooking oil
10 pieces green chili
4 medium size potatoes cut into halves or 4 pieces if the size is longer
Process for chicken roast
- Cut chicken into longer size pieces. If the size of chicken is small, it is better to make 4 pieces.
- Apply salt and vinegar with chicken and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces in oil until light brown. Keep the chicken pieces aside.
- Fry the potato pieces until golden brown and keep aside.
- Fry onion slices until the color are brown and keep aside.
- Mix chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, poppy seeds paste and hot spice powder.
- Heat ghee in another pan.
- Add the mixture of ingredients and 1 cup of water, then cover with a lid.
- After 2 minutes add chicken pieces.
- Add potato pieces after a while.
- Cover with a lid.
- After 10 minutes add milk and raisin.
- Cook until the gravy become thick.
- Add green chilies and cover with a lid. Switch off the burner and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Your yummy delicious chicken roast is ready to serve.
- Take in a serving dish and put the fried onion slices over the colorful chicken roast.
- Serve the chicken roast with pulao, and biryani.
If you like my chicken roast recipe please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|