Chicken spicy curry is a very popular and common menu in the food table of the Bengali (people of Bangladesh and Northeastern part of India). Availability of chicken and comparatively less price in these days have put this item as the most favorite menu. Specially, those who like to eat a bit more rice, they would prefer to have a chicken curry dish on their food table. However, it also matches well with paratha and tortilla.
As a day to day menu, its cooking is very simple. Some of the most common and readily available spices are used for cooking chicken spicy curry.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for chicken spicy curry
500g Chicken, skinless
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp onion paste
1tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp coriander powder
2 bay leaves
1 tsp Salt
3 cups water
Process for chicken spicy curry
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Rinsed chicken with hot water to discard the clinging fat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cube size.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and stir it. After 1 minute add 2 cups water.
- When the mixture is bloomed up, add all chicken pieces and cover with a lid. Add potato pieces, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, and salt before the water has fallen at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir a bit and add more 1 cups of water. Cook it for another 10 minutes. Reduce the flame of the burner and keep for more 2 minutes.
- Chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Serve with bread, rice, or tortilla etc.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
If you like chicken spicy curry please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.