Chicken as a readily available and the most popular poultry meat is often coming to the menu of either breakfast, lunch or dinner, or even as a snack item. It is cooked in a different variety of ways, while chicken curry is the most favorite dish during lunch or dinner, particularly in South Asian countries. Sultana’s recipe offers this coconut chicken curry recipe in its effort for an innovative cooking process.
Here coconut milk is added with the chicken as the prime ingredients. Use of coconut milk multiplies the taste of the chicken curry enhancing your appetite. It not only breaks the monotony of your similar cooking style of your chicken curry but also makes the dish ever deliciousness and presentable one. You can offer this item during any gathering with your friends and family members.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||60 minutes|
Ingredients for coconut chicken curry
1 kg chicken
2 cups coconut milk
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
3 tbsp onion paste
1 tsp red chili powder
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot spices powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Process for coconut chicken curry
- Cut the chicken into medium size pieces and wash it very well.
- Keep aside in a colander so that extra water can remove.
- Put oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Put onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and chili powder to the oil. Stir it.
- After 2 minutes add 2 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken pieces and stir slowly to mix with the boiled spices. Cook for 20 minutes covering with a lid.
- Add salt and hot spices powder to the chicken. Stir it.
- Add coconut milk and covered. Cook until the gravy is thickened and oil appears on top.
- When the gravy: meat is 1:1, turn off the burner and take to a serving dish.
- Your favorite coconut chicken curry is ready to eat.
- Serve with tortilla, paratha, rice, or pulao.
If you like my coconut chicken curry recipe please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|