Cabbage payesh is one of the quick and easy cabbage recipe. Payesh is the name of a sweetened dish in an Indian recipe. Many different ingredients are used for payesh. This recipe discusses how to make payesh with cabbage. Though, a sweetened dish, the presence of cabbage breaks the absolute of sweetness in the payesh. The payesh can be served as a snack as well as a desert after heavy dinner.
The item named after the cabbage contains a good amount of milk, ghee/butter. As a result, the item becomes rich in terms of food value. It is also tasty and liked by almost everyone. So, if you have cabbage, milk, butter/ghee and sugar at home, just try it.
We always try to present different and new food to our guests. In fact, I like to prepare new dishes for my guests. We usually use cabbage as a vegetable but here I used cabbage as a dessert. It is different and a new dish for your guest. Hope your family and friends will like this new dessert.
There are two types of cabbage: green and violet. For this easy cabbage recipes, I used here green cabbage. Green cabbage is a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and folate. In many countries, cabbage used as a herbal medicine.
“In addition to its usual purpose as an edible vegetable, cabbage has been used historically as a medicinal herb for a variety of purported health benefits. The Ancient Greeks recommended consuming the vegetable as a laxative, and used cabbage juice as an antidote for mushroom poisoning, for eye salves, and for liniments used to help bruises heal. Similarly, the Ancient Egyptians ate cooked cabbage at the beginning of meals to reduce the intoxicating effects of wine. This traditional usage persisted in European literature until the mid-20th century.” Source
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||25 minutes|
|Total time||45 minutes|
Ingredients for easy cabbage recipe:
2 cup cabbage slice
1 tin condensed milk
2 tbsp ghee/butter
1-litre liquid milk
1tbsp sugar or as per your requirement
For decoration nuts/Raisin/Cheery
Process for easy cabbage recipe:
- Slice the cabbage with the vegetable slicer. Use a good type of vegetable graters or slicers for cabbage grating. Check Amazon for that.
- Half boiled the cabbage slice.
- Drain water very well. Keep the cabbage aside.
- Put ghee or butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When butter melt (before change color) add boiled cabbage and fry. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Boil liquid milk. Add cabbage to the liquid milk.
- After 5 minutes add condensed milk with cabbage.
- Stir the mixture continuously. Check the sweetness, if you like more sweet you can add sugar as per your choice.
- Cook until milk become thick.
- You can use induction cooktop for this cooking. This is very safe and easy.
- Take off from the burner and keep aside for cooling.
- Take the cabbage in a serving dish.
- Decorate with nuts or raisin or cherry.
- Cabbage payesh is ready to serve.
- You can serve this recipe as a dessert or snack item.
- If you like my easy cabbage recipe please share my recipes with your family and friends.
- I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my friends.
|Good Points||Bad Points|
|High in calcium||High in saturated fat|
|High in vitamin B6||Very high in sugar|