Recipe by Sultana
Carp fish (Katal fish) has a relatively big head, making it inconvenient for someone to eat the whole. Thus, the big head makes a great recipe called muri ghonto’. It is one of the most desired food recipes, made of yellow lentil or ‘moong daal (pulse) and fish head. Moong daal, itself is a very tasty food item. Adding a big head of Katal fish makes the dish so attractive that anyone has had this taste before, would not like to miss it again. It is also a healthy diet, containing good protein and vitamins. Cooking of Muri ghonto is not that difficult, as it looks like. If you are interested to taste this lovely recipe, just follow the process written here. You can surely cook this fabulous item.
|Preparation time||25 minutes|
|Cooking time||45 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 10 minutes|
Ingredients for muri ghonto
250 gm yellow lentil (moong pulse)
1 big size fish head (preferably Katla fish)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 onion slice
4-5 green chilies
1 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp salt
Process for muri ghonto
- Heat a dry non-stick deep pan on the burner and add yellow lentil. Stir continuously to lightly fry yellow lentils evenly. Take out of the burner before lentils are spotted.
- Wash yellow lentils and drain out of the water.
- Heat oil in the cooking pan on the burner.
- Add onion slices, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt to the oil.
- Put 1 cup of hot water and after boiling add the fish head.
- Cook until water dries up, then add another cup of water.
- After boiling water takes off the fish head and adds yellow lentil.
- Cover with a lid with medium heat.
- When water becomes dry add 1 ½ cup of hot water and fish head.
- Add tomato and green chilies. Cook for another 10 minutes with medium heat.
- Add coriander leaves one minute before taking from the burner.
- Muri ghonto is ready to eat. Serve with rice.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
If you like my muri ghonto recipe please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I like to cook and love to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.