Among many different vegetables, the bean is one of the most popular seed vegetables to the people in Bangladesh and North and East India. Bean seeds are not available in the all-around year. The season of the bean is December and January in Bangladesh. I cannot think about without bean in the season of the bean. Bean curry recipe with prawn is one of my family’s favorite food. If you want you can preserve the bean in a deep freezer. Bean seeds give a taste of vegetable and protein. Groups of Bean fruits carrying 4 to 6 seeds in each have also a different flavor and taste.
Like many other vegetables, beans have a great match with potato as that would attract most Indian vegetarians. Again adding few prawns with the mix of bean and potatoes, the curry becomes more delicious food item that any Indian (non-veg people) would like to eat a plate of rice with it.
The curry has a mixture of some commonly available spices that are used in most of the Indian recipes. If you don’t have all these spices, the dish could be prepared even with salt, oil, and little of chili. If you check the nutrition value of the recipe, you will find that this is healthy food for you and your family.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for bean curry recipe:
- 500 gm bean
- 200 gm potato (medium size)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon chili Powder
- 100 gm prawn (small size)
- 1 pc onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic Paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves slices
Process for bean curry
- Heat cooking oil in a medium size non-stick cooking pan or any pan which you comfort to use over medium heat.
- Wash the prawns and keep aside.
- Fry the prawns with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Take out the prawns from the frying pan after 5 minutes. Keep the prawns aside.
- Put onion slices, chili powder, garlic paste, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt in the remaining oil.
- Add one-cup water and boil the mixture of spices.
- After that add beans and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes with lid.
- Put half-fried prawns when water in the pan is almost dry.
- Add a half cup of water again and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then add coriander leaves slices on the top of the cooked vegetable one minute before taking the pan from the burner.
- Bean curry with prawn is ready to serve.
- Serve the bean curry recipe with prawn with white rice or pulao or tortilla.
If you like my bean curry recipe please share this with your family and friends.
I like to cook and love to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
|Good Points||Bad Points|
|High in dietary fiber||High in cholesterol|
|High in phosphorus||High in sodium|
|High in vitamin A|
|High in vitamin B6|
|Very high in vitamin C|