Aflatoon is a baked sweet item with a similar look like a cake, although there is a gulf of difference between aflatoon and a cake. Due to the use of semolina and mawa, the taste and the aflatoon recipe are quite different from the cake. It is a healthy dessert recipe and as well as tasty, different cake recipe. Many people in Bangladesh, India and Middle East like aflatoon for its different flavor and taste.
The good thing about aflatoon is that you can preserve it for a few days and serve it to your children during breakfast or as a snack. It does not deteriorate in normal temperature. Since its taste is enriched with mawa, butter, and sugar, a small quantity of aflatoon is suggested for those who are undergoing weight loss program.
My friends, I want to share one thing with you, I tasted the homemade aflatoon first time at my neighbor’s home. I really liked that and it was delicious. I asked my neighbor ” would you please tell me the recipe?” Do you know what she answered, she told me that its process is too hard, it is not easy to make. I got the answer. But after a few days, I collected the recipe and I made this by myself. Today I am so happy that I have shared it all over the world. I love to cook and I love to share it with others. I think cooking is an art. The same recipe can have different looks and tastes because it’s an art.
Friends, I will be happy if you make it and share it with your family and friends.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Cooking time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 30 minutes|
Ingredients for aflatoon recipe:
4 pieces eggs
250 gm mawa (‘khoya’ or milk solid used in sweet in SA countries)
150 gm semolina
250 gm sugar
200 gm butter
150 gm rice flour
150 gm white flour
150 gm dalda (Hydrogenated Vegetable oil)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp raisin
1 tbsp almond (half crushed)
1 tbsp murabba (sweet fruit preserve)
2-3 drops yellow food color
Process for aflatoon recipe:
- Mix white flour, rice flour, semolina, mawa and baking powder altogether.
- Melt dalda through heating in the microwave or in the burner. Mix melted dalda with butter at room temperature.
- Separate egg yolk and beat the white part until it forms into a foam.
- Add sugar to the egg and beat for 1 minute
- Add mixture of butter and dalda to the egg-sugar mixture.
- Add slowly mixture of flour to the egg mixture and prepare the batter.
- Add raisin, almond, and murabba to the batter.
- Take a square size mold and grease with butter.
- Put the batter 2/3rd of the mold.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 200°c. Electric oven plays an important role for baking. So if you want to make a perfect cake you need a good electric oven. You can check at Amazon for the best electric oven.
- Bake in the electric oven at 180°c for 30-40 minutes.
- Before taking out the aflatoon check tenderness by inserting a clean stick in the middle to it. If you see paste sticking on it, then keep for some more time.
- Slice after cooling and serve the cake as a snack or tiffin or as a dessert.
- I hope your friends and family will like it.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
|Good Points||Bad points|
|Low in saturated fat||Very high in sugar|
|Very low in sodium|
|Very high in calcium, potassium, phosphorus|
- If you like my aflatoon recipe please share this recipe with your family and friends.
- I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.