There are so many recipes with potatoes. Aloo dum recipe is one of them. Aloo Dum recipe or spicy potato recipe is a very popular menu in India and also to many Bengalis (Bengali speaking people of Bangladesh and North-East India). With the common food habit, this food item is also given a place in the children’s’ rhyme book. By mixing of hot spices with little tamarind sour, it is usually prepared as a side dish for eating paratha and chapatti. This is one of my favorite potato recipes. Its sourness and little sweetness bring a different taste. If you eat this recipe at the first time, I am sure you will like it. Definitely, you will want to know the process of the aloo dum. This potato recipe can be cooked in many ways, here sultana’s recipe give you the recipe from her own style. So let’s enjoy cooking.
Preparation and cooking of aloo dum are not difficult. But you need to follow the step by step process to make it better. This recipe is good for potato lovers and vegetarian. If you check the nutrition value of this recipe, you will see that the recipe is very healthy. Especially in this aloo dum recipe, there is no cholesterol. Therefore, who have conscious about cholesterol they can eat the potato recipe without any tension.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||50 minutes|
Ingredients for aloo dum recipe
250 gm potato
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp chili powder
1 tbsp tamarind
1 tsp salt
1tsp hot spice powder
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp oil
Process for aloo dum recipe
- Wash and boil potatoes.
- Take off the skin of potatoes.
- Soak tamarind with ¼-cup warm water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the tamarind with hand and take out the water only.
- Keep aside.
- Crash the potatoes (between half to quarter size).
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on the burner over medium heat.
- Add ginger paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder, and salt when the oil is hot and after 2 minutes add 1 cup of water.
- When the gravy starts blooming add potatoes.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, add hot spices powder, tamarind water, and sugar to the potatoes mixture.
- Stir the potato mixture very well.
- When oil will come over the potato, the aloo dum is ready.
- Turn off the burner and take out the aloo dum in a serving dish.
- Serve this recipe with paratha or tortilla or luchi.
- You can eat it with rice or pulao also.
- This recipe is perfect for vegetarian.
If you like my aloo dum recipe please share this recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
| Nutrition Facts
|Good Points||Bad Points|
|No cholesterol||Very High in sodium|
|Very high in vitamin C||High in sugar|