Recipe by Sultana
Aloo (potato) are common vegetable almost available everywhere. Although in Indian dishes potato is used as the secondary item with other main items, yet you can make many delicious menus with potato only. Potato mashed recipe (Aloo vorta) is one of the potato-based delicious menu, which is used as a substitute item with other curry dishes. Its preparation and ingredients are very simple. It is just a combination of potato smash with oil, onion, and chili. When you do not have much time for cooking this a perfect menu.
I want to share my student life stories with you. A few years ago, I just completed my college. I came to the capital from my home city for joining an admission coaching. That time I do not have much time for cooking. I thought of how to spend less time cooking but at the same time, I need healthy and wealthy food. So I got the answer, every day I cooked potato mashed, egg fry and pulse. After 2 months, I gained 4 kg weight.
Potato mashed recipe is for our busy life.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for potato mashed recipe:
- 500g potato
- 1 piece onion slice
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green chili slice
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Wash all potatoes. Make some hole in the potatoes with a fork. Put the potatoes into an ovenproof dish. Add water and salt. Put a lid. Boil the potatoes in the microwave oven at high temperature for 9 minutes. After potatoes are boiled, remove skin and smash it with a masher or a plain glass or hand. Usually, I used a plain steel glass for mashing potato. Add salt to the mashed potato.
- Add onion, oil/ghee, green chilies, and coriander leaves to the mashed potato. You can use red chili fry instead of green chili. Mix all ingredients very well. You can prepare the potato mashed in that way, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. When oil becomes hot add onion slice, chili slice and fries it for 1 minute. Add potato to the onion fry. Fry this for 3 to 4 minutes. Add coriander leaves to the potato and mixes it very well. Turn off the burner and take out the potato mashed from the pan. Potato mashed recipe or Aloo vorta is ready to eat.
- Serve the potato mashed with rice and pulse. Without a pulse, this potato mashed will not match. It is match-matching food in Indian Cuisine rice + potato mashed + pulse. That’s it.
If you like my potato mashed recipe please share this recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.