This is most likely the most common question that people ask themselves who have just started ketogenic nutrition and are now standing in front of the fridge or supermarket shelf. The aim of this article is to answer this question. You are going to know the best keto meal plan for 7 days with 21 dishes, 15 snacks, and a shopping list.
In this way, we want to make your entry into the ketogenic diet as easy as possible and relieve you of a lot of the thought work, especially at the beginning of the change in diet. Since you order ketosis to come with carbohydrates daily maximum of 30 to 50 grams allowed to take with you, you should know exactly what foods and meals you may eat – and what you should avoid.
To save you your own research, we have summarized the most important aspects and rules of a sophisticated keto diet concept in this article. In the course of the next few capital and lines, you will learn in detail how you can optimally start ketosis with our keto nutrition plan and achieve results quickly.
So let’s not waste any more time and start with the basics!
Ketogenic Diet: What is keto diet plan
The ketogenic diet is a diet that largely eliminates carbohydrates and instead consumes lots of healthy fats and more protein.
Depending on how strictly you implement the ketogenic diet, you consume a maximum of between 20 and 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. The carbohydrates you avoid are replaced with high-quality fats that should make up around 75 percent of your total calories at the end of the day.
By eliminating carbohydrates, you are forcing your body to use fats instead of glucose as the primary source of energy this metabolic state is also known as ketosis.
When your body is in ketosis, it produces and metabolizes so-called ketone bodies. These molecules are produced by your liver as an alternative source of energy when there is no longer enough glucose available.
Even though according to popular belief, fat should be avoided due to the high-calorie density, countless studies by the most renowned universities in the world have been able to prove that the ketogenic diet is not only healthier but is also one of the most effective and sustainable diets to lose weight sustainably and Break down fat.
One of the main reasons for this is the reduced feeling of hunger that you will feel in ketosis. This makes it fall, for example, intermittent fasting or not eating individual meals is much easier.
The ketogenic diet is based on the scientifically proven fact that the absence of carbohydrates and the increased consumption of protein and healthy fats can contribute to the rapid and sustainable reduction of excess weight and body fat.
Keto Meal Prep Plan: this is how you keep an overview
The switch to ketogenic nutrition appears difficult at first glance and without well-founded instructions, you can quickly feel overwhelmed by the superficial complexity.
But it doesn’t have to be complicated: A well-founded keto meal plan and a list of the most important foods for the ketogenic diet can help you to keep an overview!
At the end of the day, the only thing is to avoid carbohydrate-containing foods and replace them with high-quality meat, vegetables, and other low-carb foods.
Basically, the following rule can be set: The fewer carbohydrates you eat, the faster you get into ketosis.
Since everyone is different, ketosis occurs in some people with as little as 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. Others may only eat a maximum of 20 grams of carbohydrates per day in the long term.
So that you will not exceed these limits in the future, it is important to avoid certain foods and drinks and to eat more. Here is a first overview:
Keto-friendly foods (eat as much as you want!)
If you decide to implement the ketogenic diet, we recommend the following foods as part of our keto diet plan:
- Eggs: Organic eggs from free-range chickens are the best choice
- Poultry: Turkey, duck, and chicken are ideal
- Oily fish: wild salmon, herring, and mackerel are recommended
- Meat: beef, pork, deer, or organ meat from grass-fed animals
- Full-fat dairy products: You can easily eat yogurt, butter, and cream
- Full fat cheese: cheddar cheese, mozzarella, brie cheese, goat cheese, or cream cheese
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, and all types of seeds
- Nut butter: Natural peanut, almond, or cashew nut butter
- Healthy fats: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter or sesame oil
- Avocados: Whole avocados are an ideal snack or ingredient
- Non-starchy vegetables: broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms or peppers
- Spices: salt, pepper, lemon juice, fresh herbs, vinegar or spice mixtures
Keto Foods To Avoid
You should definitely avoid these foods. Just as an example: A single scoop of ice cream can throw you completely out of ketosis …
- Bread & pastries: white bread, whole grain bread, biscuits, pretzels or donuts
- Sweets: sugar, ice cream, syrup, gummy bears or chocolate
- Sweetened drinks: lemonade, juices, sweetened teas or sports drinks
- Pasta dough: spaghetti, gnocchi, lasagna and all other types of pasta
- Products containing cereals: rice, oatmeal, muesli or tortillas
- Starchy vegetables: potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, peas or corn
- Beans & Legumes: Black beans, chickpeas or lentils
- Fruits: lemons, bananas, apples, strawberries or pears
- Sauces: barbecue sauces, sugary salad dressings or dips
- Alcoholic beverages: beer or mixed drinks containing sugar
Even if ketosis is based on the absence of carbohydrates, fruits with a low glycemic index (e.g. raspberries or blueberries) can be eaten in certain quantities.
On the other hand, fats are of course not the same as fats and you should avoid certain categories of food or restaurants:
Unhealthy fats: margarine, certain oils such as canola or cereal oil
Processed food: fast food, hot dogs, or packaged dishes
Diet foods: foods with colors, aspartame, preservatives
Keto Meal Prep Plan: you should pay attention to this
Drinks are the most difficult category right at the beginning. The reason for this is that most of the refreshing and tasty drinks contain a large number of carbohydrates and sugar.
If you choose the ketogenic diet, you should always pay attention to the sugar content of those drinks that you have been drinking regularly.
Sugar-containing beverages such as sodas not only throw you out of ketosis, they are responsible for a number of complaints, from obesity to diabetes to cardiovascular diseases.
Thankfully, there are also many drinks on the other hand that you can enjoy in huge quantities without having to lose a single thought. These include:
Water: Excellent refreshment with or without carbon dioxide
Unsweetened coffee: It’s best to drink your coffee without sugar but with cream
Unsweetened green tea: tastes good and offers a number of advantages
If you want to add some flavor to your drinks or water, you can come up with a number of keto taste tricks. My favorites are to add some lemon juice with mint to my water or to use stevia instead of sugar.
Although you should generally avoid most types of alcohol, you can of course drink a small glass of dry red wine or low-carb drinks such as vodka or tequila on certain occasions.
A balanced diet plan for the ketogenic diet should include healthy fats, enough protein, and few carbohydrates. Keto drinks should contain minimal sugar.
Best Keto Prepared Meals: your 7-day meal plan + 21 dishes
At the beginning of the ketogenic diet, two things are important:
First, an overview of which foods you can eat and which you should avoid. Second, a list of keto-safe dishes so that you can always prepare a tasty meal without having to think about it.
The following 7 day best keto meal plan offers you 21 delicious dishes over a week that you can easily cook yourself without much effort. We’ll do the thinking for you, so to speak, and help you get into ketosis faster.
If you stick to the dishes in this diet plan, your daily intake of carbohydrates will definitely stay below 50 grams. Alternatively, you can adapt individual components to your needs and wishes or swap dishes with one another, or cook twice.
Breakfast: Full fat yogurt with some protein muesli
Lunch: Caesar salad with chicken breast fillet
Dinner: Meatballs served with zucchini pasta and parmesan
Breakfast: coconut chia pudding with walnuts and some raspberries
Lunch: Mixed salad with hard eggs, avocado, cheese, and turkey
Dinner: coconut chicken curry with a small salad
Breakfast: Halved avocado with a fried egg and cream cheese
Lunch: steak with cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, and avocado
Dinner: Beef chops with green vegetables
Breakfast: bell pepper stuffed with scrambled egg and ham
Lunch: arugula salad with blue cheese, hard eggs, and avocados
Dinner: grilled salmon with spinach and parmesan
Breakfast: two fried eggs with willow butter and steamed spinach
Lunch: tuna salad with celery, tomatoes, and green vegetables
Dinner: Fried chicken fillet with cream sauce and broccoli
Breakfast: Mushroom omelet with tomato and mozzarella salad
Lunch: A breadless burger with cheese, mushrooms, avocado on a green salad
Dinner: Bison steak with broccoli gratinated with cheese
Breakfast: cauliflower toast gratinated with cheese and served with avocado
Lunch: breadless salmon burger with green pesto and a small salad
Dinner: Mixed salad with goat cheese and roasted fillet tips
What should you notice now at the latest? The ketogenic diet can be incredibly tasty and varied! You just have to have a good list of dishes and foods or a sophisticated keto diet plan that you can eat without a guilty conscience.
Even if many of the above dishes contain meat components, you can also implement the ketogenic diet vegetarian. Although this requires a greater degree of planning and preparation, it is otherwise easily possible.
If you are a little more liberal about ketogenic diets, you can add bittersweet chocolate or raspberries and blackberries here and there.
A ketogenic diet plan, like any other healthy diet, should include whole foods that are high in fiber and low-carb vegetables. Use healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, and willow butter to cook to increase the fat content of your dishes.
15 Keto Snacks: dishes you can eat in between
Especially in the first days of the ketogenic diet, you may get cravings for carbohydrates due to the metabolic change. To be able to resist, you should be well prepared. The solution? Ketogenic snacks!
Here are some tasty and simple snacks in between :
- Almonds with cheddar cheese
- Green peppers with dressing and avocado
- Celery with red pepper, cream cheese and cheese dip
- Coconut corners
- Smoked Meat (Beef Jerky)
- Smoked salmon with horseradish
- Kale Chips
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Olives and thinly sliced salami
- Cheese rolls or small pieces of cheese
- Parmesan rasps
- Macadamia nuts or Brazil nuts
- Keto smoothie with coconut milk, avocado and cocoa
- Guacamole with low-carb vegetables
- Half an avocado with chicken and creme fraiche
While these keto snacks can relieve your hunger between meals, you should of course be careful not to eat more than one or two snacks a day.
You should always make sure that you eat an appropriate number of calories in relation to your activity level, your metabolism, and your goals.
Keto snacks should be high in fat and low in carbohydrates. Increase your fiber and fat intake through vegetables and fatty dips.
Keto grocery list: how to find the right groceries
Preparation is half the battle with the ketogenic diet.
Therefore, especially in the first days and weeks, it is important that you always have enough keto food at hand to avoid being tempted by carbohydrates and sugary snacks.
For example, you can store a mixture of fresh and frozen dishes and food in your kitchen.
The following keto shopping list serves as a starting point for your first keto shopping and ensures that you have bought the ingredients for the above-mentioned dishes of the food plan:
- Avocados : It’s best to buy a mix of ripe and unripe avocados
- Fish : Oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and herring are ideal
- Eggs : Buy enough organic omega-3-rich eggs
- Oils : Coconut and olive oil are part of the basic equipment of every ketarian
- Nuts : Brazil nuts , almonds and pistachios should never run out
- Seeds & kernels : pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds
- Cheese : anything from brie to cream cheese to goat cheese is possible
- Seafood : Enough shrimp, oysters or scallops
- Full fat dairy products : yogurt, butter, cream and sour cream
- Frozen or fresh berries : blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Vegetables : mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, onions and tomatoes
- Spices : Himalayan salt, pepper, herbs, garlic, mustard and seasonings
- In any case, it makes sense to include the foods mentioned in your short-term or long-term diet in your ketogenic diet. The better you plan your meals and take care of shopping early, the better everything will work out.
A shopping list helps you to always have keto-safe food ready to use in dishes or snacks. Fill your shopping basket with meat, fish, vegetables, nuts, avocados, healthy fats, and full-fat dairy products.
Keto diet nutrition plan: the bottom line
Optimally, the nutritional values of your diet plan for the ketogenic diet consist of 75 percent healthy fats, 20 percent protein, and only 5 percent carbohydrates.
Your goal should be to eat less than 30 to 50 grams of carbohydrates a day. You can do this by eating enough high-fat, low-carb foods like eggs, meat, fish, and low-carb vegetables.
The popularity of the ketogenic diet on the one hand confirms its effectiveness in terms of your energy level, your health, and sustainable fat loss. On the other hand, there is an exciting and active community at Riseon and on the Internet, which is there to help and advise you.
See this guide as a guide and guide for the first days of the keto diet paid plan. If you stick to the dishes and foods discussed, you will soon be able to enjoy the countless benefits of ketosis. Good luck!
If you want you to order the best keto meal plan delivery near to you.