Last Updated on December 4, 2020 by Sultana Parvin
We’ve all heard of the phrase ‘ an apple a day keeps the doctor away’. So if we had to have an apple a day, why not make it a fun snack instead of just eating it like an ordinary fruit. Even though some kids love fruits and some just hate it, there’s usually a much more unified opinion about desserts. Almost all kids are fond of sweets, be it simply chocolate or cream-filled cake. So this caramelized apple recipe is a great way to get the children to eat fruits. Even for grown-ups, this is a very quick and easy snack but one which is a bit more than just boring old sliced apples.
Table of Contents
Method 1 for the caramelized apple recipe
Ingredients for the caramelized apple recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 firm cooking apples. Halved and cored
- ½ cup of water
- Wash and peel the apples.
- Cut an apple into 12 piece long slices.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a flat based bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add butter. I suggest using an induction cooktop. That way even your little ones can help you make this since there’s no visible fire.
- Put the apples into the cinnamon mixture, with the cut sides pressed down.
- Place the apples, cut side down, in the hot non-stick frying pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Cook apples for 7-8 minutes or until they begin to brown
- Add water to the pan.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes and keep adding water if the sugar begins to burn.
- Remove the apples from the non-stick frying pan.
- Place apples on a plate and drizzle with sauce from the non-stick frying pan. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture for that extra bit of sweetness.
- Your yummy and delicious caramelized apple recipe is ready to serve.
Method 2 for the caramelized apple recipe
- 3 large apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Wash and peel the apples. Diced the apples. Keep it in a bowl with a wrap.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon and stir until bubbly, for about 2-3 minutes.
- To the pan, add the apples and cook for 8-10 minutes or the apples are tender (but not mushy).
- Stir apples occasionally but not continually. This way the apples will be caramelized but burning will be prevented.
- This can be served warm or refrigerated for later use. To use the refrigerated ones, warm slightly in the microwave or stove before you serve them.
- Serve the caramelized apple on top of your yogurt or French toast.
- I give two caramelized Apple Recipe for you.
If you like my 2 methods of caramelized apple recipe please share the recipes with your family and friends. I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
Recipe by Sultana