Duck meat bhuna is an Indian style duck recipe, which is one of the most delicious poultry meat. Domestic ducks with a good quantity of meat are available in many South Asian countries. As duck meat contains a fair amount of fat (6 grams of total fat and 2.3 grams of saturated fat per serving) many people take duck meat to enhance their body heat, particularly in winter season.
If you want to take fat as less as possible, remove the skin of the duck along with extra fat. Cooking of duck meat bhuna is slightly different from duck meat jhal curry. In this recipe, coconut milk and more onion paste are used to make a thick gravy with the duck meat bhuna. This gravy is more wanted to those who want to soak their paratha or rice while eating with the gravy.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Cooking time||45 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 30 minutes|
Ingredients for duck meat bhuna
- 1 duck meat (1 kg size after dressing)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons onion paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon hot spices powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Remove the skin of the duck with extra fat. You can keep the skin if you have no problem with fat. But in that case, you need to clean all furs from the duck skin.
- Cut the duck into medium size pcs and wash it very well.
- Put both vegetable and mustard oil in a pan and boil with medium heat.
- Put all spices and stir it.
- After 2 minutes add 1 cup hot water.
- Add duck meat and stir slowly to mix with the boiled spices. Cook for 5 minutes covered with a lid.
- Add coconut milk, stir and cook for 15 minutes.
- When the gravy: meat is 1:1same turn off the burner and take to a serving dish.
- Your favorite duck meat bhuna is ready to eat. Serve with paratha, roti, rice, or pulao.
If you like my recipes please share my recipe with your friend and family.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.
Recipe by Sultana