Duck meat is one of the highly demanded food items by people of almost every region. Its Indian style of cooking with hot spices gives extra taste and delicacy in the food table of the Bengalis (people of Bangladesh and North eastern part of India). Particularly in winter, duck meat is the most favorite, as it can create heat and keep your body worm. It gives a real taste as bird meat. The meat matches well with plain rice, fried rice, paratha and chapatti.Duck meat
Cooking duck meat jhal curry is not that difficult. Some of the most common and readily available spices are used for cooking this menu. If you have the spices, you can also try to eat the Indian spicy duck jhal curry.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Cooking time||45 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour 30 minutes|
Ingredients for duck meat jhal curry
1 kg duck meat
250 gm small size potatoes
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp mustard oil
3 tbsp onion paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp hot spice powder (coriander, cinnamon and cloves)
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp Salt
Process for duck meat jhal curry
- Cut duck into medium size pieces with skin and clean with fresh water.
- Put oils in the hot deep pan on the burner. You can use induction cook top.
- After oil heated up, put all spices and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and boil for another 2 minutes.
- After the mixture is bloomed up, put all duck meats and cover with lid.
- Add potatoes without slicing before the water has fallen at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir a bit and add more 2 cups of water.
- Cook for another 30 minutes with medium heat or until tender.
- Duck meat jhal curry is ready – take all in a dish and serve with plain rice, or paratha, or chapatti.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
If you like my duck meat jhal curry recipe please share my recipe with your family and friends.
I like to cook and love to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.