Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Sultana Parvin
Tomato sauce is widely used as a food ingredient either directly while cooking or preparing food or while eating as a side dish. There are many companies and many types of tomato sauce are available in the market. Thus people hardly try to make it at home. I will not say preparing homemade tomato sauce is so easy and quick. Rather it needs more time and preparation. For this reason, many of us don’t have the patience or time to make tomato sauce at home. But if you need more than 2 big-size bottles in a month then it is worth taking this pain of making it at home. It is rather economical and if you want to minimize your monthly budget, then it is better to make it at home.
In countries where the tomato is produced it is quite cheap during the production season. At that time tomatoes are cheaply available and you can buy a big lot at a very nominal price. That is the best time for buying a bulk quantity of tomato and you can make tomato puree that you can preserve in the deep freeze for the whole year.
As my children need a good amount of sauce almost every day with their afternoon/evening snack, I need to make at least 40 kg of tomato each year. I buy 40 kg of tomato at a time during the season, when it is cheaply available in the market, and make puree for the whole amount. So, I don’t have to think about buying tomato sauce. My kids like my homemade tomato sauce. Even though sometimes I buy any sauce from the market, my kids tell me that my homemade sauce is better than the purchased one. I bought different brand’s sauce for them from the market but they didn’t like those. So as per their demand, I have to prepare the sauce for them every year. It makes me happy because I don’t have to worry about their healthy food.
This recipe tells you how this lovely food ingredient is made at home. The main part of the tomato sauce is making the well-boiled tomato with thick gravy, which is called puree. The next action is just separating the juice and making it thick with vinegar and sugar. Try it.
|Preparation time||1 hour|
|Cooking time||3 hours|
|Total time||4 hours|
Ingredients for homemade tomato sauce
- 3 kg tomato
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 7 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- Wash and cut tomatoes with all juice.
- Boil tomato with chili powder, cinnamon stick, onion sliced, and salt.
- Boil the tomato pieces over low heat for approximately 2 hours or until tender.
- When water becomes vapor and the remaining of the boiled tomato with juice is called ‘puree’.
- Keep it aside for cooling.
- Stain the liquid juice from puree in a dish or pan very carefully. So that no seeds and skin remain in the juice.
- Add vinegar and sugar with the juice collected.
- Boil the juice until it is thickened. Check the sugar, sourness, and salt. You can adjust by adding more sweet or sour or salt or chili as per your choice.
- Keep for cooling normally.
- The sauce is ready to eat.
- Preserve in a glass jar or sauce bottle.
- Use the sauce as per your requirement.
Tips: If you have a sauce maker you can use this for making sauce.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
If you like my homemade tomato sauce recipe, please share my recipe with your family and friends. I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.