Recipe by Sultana
Potato has rich food value and thereby people around the world eat potato in different ways. In India and Bangladesh because of its easy availability, various snack items are prepared from potato. Aloo means potato and potato pakora recipe is such an item, which is mostly eaten as a snack with the afternoon tea. Its preparation is so simple that anybody wishes to make aloo pakora can do it, with hardly any difficulty. This potato pakora is a very common in street food stall. There is a street food stall near to my house where I saw that the potato pakora is the most popular item in his shop. Here I will describe how to easily cook a common and healthy street food potato pakora at your home.
But I like to prepare food for my family by myself. I think when I make food for my family then there is a lot of passion behind it. That increases the overall quality of the food. If you want to give a healthy and quality food for your family and friends you can make this recipe. This is good for kids also. Are a busy mom? Don’t worry this is an appropriate recipe for a busy mom.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
Ingredients for potato pakora recipe
250 gm potato
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp chili powder
1 cup oil
1 cup warm water
Process for potato pakora recipe
- Peel the potatoes and make thin slices with the vegetable cutter.
- Wash the potato slices.
- Add salt to the potato and keep aside.
- Mix chickpea flour, corn flour, rice flour, and baking powder altogether gently. Mix chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt to the flour mixture.
- Add warm water to the flour mixture and make a thick batter with the fork.
- Then add 1 tbsp oil to the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 30 -40 minutes for the better result.
- Heat up oil in a deep non-stick pan on the burner over medium heat. Try to use a deep fryer for frying, this is very healthy and useful for frying.
- Dip all potato slices in the batter and put it gently in hot oil. Put 6-7 potato slices into the oil or as per the size of your frying pan.
- Fry the pakora until the color is golden and crispy.
- Fry all pakora in this way.
- Take out the potato pakora in a colander so that extra oil can remove.
- Transfer the pakora on a paper lined tray.
- Serve the pakora in a serving dish and potato (Aloo) pakora is ready; serve as a snack with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
- If you like my potato pakora recipe please share this recipe with your family and friends.
- I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.