Recipe by Sultana
Today I’m going to share with you a delicious and healthy dessert “Rasmalai recipe“. The word “Ras” means juice and that is tasty juice. In an Indian recipe, there are many juicy items, which are named with the prefix “Ras”. Here “Rasmalai” is the name of a juicy sweetened dish made of milk. The very thick layer deposited over the milk is called “malai”, the second part of the name. So, this is basically a juicy malai, which is actually prepared by chana (fresh and soft cheese). The soft cheese balls are kept inside thick milk. This soft cheese balls in thick milk give you so much taste that you would love to taste it again and again. Preparation of Rasmalai is a bit cumbersome. That’s why usually this item is made by very expert people, who are not actually chefs. But still, the item is liked so much by those who have come across of it, sometimes some people like to prepare it at home and enjoy the credit of an expert food maker.
If you follow the recipe you are going to receive the credit of ” Expert Food Maker!” So let’s go and win the credit by preparing a delicious and healthy dessert recipe “Rasmalai ” for your beloved family members. And I’m sure your family members and friends will ask you for making this recipe again and again.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Cooking time||1 hour 55 minutes|
|Total time||3 hour 55 minutes|
Ingredients for Rasmalai recipe
2-litre liquid milk
½ tbsp flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp semolina
¼ cup vinegar
2 cup sugar
4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1-litre liquid milk
1/2 tinned condensed milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
50 gm nuts (pistachio/almond)
1 pinch saffron
Process for Rasmalai recipe
- Boil 1-litre liquid milk. Use always nonstick cookware set for boiling milk, so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Add diluted lemon juice to the milk. Stir until the milk curdles completely. Turn off the burner. Drain in thin white cloth. Squeeze off excess whey. Make a knot and hang it for 1 hour for draining out the extra whey. Chana is ready for making Rasmalai.
- Knead chana very well to make a smooth ball. Add flour, baking powder, semolina, and 1 tbsp sugar. Knead it very well. Make small ball from the dough and keep aside.
- Add sugar with water and boil it. Add lemon juice. You will see some dust will come up. Take off the dust from the sugar syrup. After blooming add chana balls into the syrup slowly. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes with medium heat.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add condensed milk to the mixture. Make it thick. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from burning on the bottom of the pan. Add sugar and cook another 10 minutes. Turn off the burner and keep to allow cool.
- Take the balls from the syrup and put into the thick milk. If you have induction cooktop use this for cooking. This is very safe for cooking. Keep it refrigerated for a few hours. Decorate Rasmalai with nuts and saffron. Serve delicious Rashmalai as a healthy dessert.
- You can keep this Rasmalai in a refrigerator for three days. If you want to preserve it for a long time you can keep it in your deep fridge.
Enjoy your Rasmalai with your family and friends.
If you like my recipe, please share this recipe with your family and friends. I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my friends.