Sultana cookies are a classic treat that is loved by people of all ages. With their soft, chewy texture and sweet, fruity flavor, these cookies are a delicious addition to any tea time or as a sweet snack. The recipe is simple, using basic pantry ingredients, and can be made in just a few steps. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this Sultana cookie recipe is easy to follow and yields mouthwatering results. So gather your ingredients, preheat the oven, and let’s get started on making some delicious Sultana cookies!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sultana raisins
How to Cook Sultana Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the sultana raisins.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious, soft, and chewy sultana cookies! These cookies are perfect for tea time or as a sweet snack. You can store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tips for making the best Sultana Cookies:
- Use unsalted butter for better control of the salt in the recipe.
- Measure the ingredients accurately for best results.
- Use fresh baking powder and baking soda for a better rise.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy for a tender cookie.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually and mix until just combined, to prevent overmixing and tough cookies.
- Gently fold in the sultana raisins to keep them evenly distributed.
- Use a cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon to portion the dough evenly.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are lightly golden, but still soft in the center.
- Cool the cookies completely on a wire rack before storing or serving them.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh and soft.
Follow these tips to make delicious and perfect Sultana cookies every time. Happy baking!