Tomato is a very good food ingredient, which is used for different varieties of food items. Tomato salad and ketchup are though very remarkable, its liquid is also quite popular. Tomato khatta is not exactly tomato soup, but a juicy form of tomato which makes very good and healthy drinks. The khatta is good to be mixed with rice, but many khatta lovers drink it like soup, without anything.
The preparation of tomato khatta is very easy. That’s why during the tomato season, mainly in winter, some people make this khatta a common item of their everyday menu. There are different types of tomato in our market. But the round small sized and sour tomatoes are more suitable for this recipe. The Mild sour feeling of those tomatoes matches very well for tomato khatta.
Tomato is good for health. We know its’ health benefits are huge. It is good for skin, eye health. It helps to prevent cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer. Tomato helps in reducing constipation. It helps to improve blood sugar. The fiber, potassium, vitamin C and chlorine content in tomatoes all support heart health. Tomato is a good food for pregnancy time. The folic acid in tomatoes helps to reduce depression.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for tomato khatta
- 1 kg tomato
- 1 teaspoon garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon oil
Process for khatta
- Cut the tomato into cubic size with a sharp knife.
- Boil tomato with turmeric powder, salt, and onion slice.
- Cook it for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Stain it with a strainer.
- Put oil in another pan on the burner.
- Add garlic slices and fry it until brown.
- Pour the oil with garlic into the tomato soup.
- Boil it for another 2 minutes.
- Tomato khatta is ready to eat.
- Serve this as a soup or side dish.
If you like my tomato khatta recipe please share the recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with my beloved friends.