Last Updated on July 26, 2022 by Sultana Parvin
Nigella seeds are known as black seeds or black cumin or Kalijira (kaligira). Its scientific name is Nigella sativa. Usually, we use black cumin as a condiment to food for scent.
For more than two thousand years people have been taking ‘nigella seeds’ with food. Nigella oil is also beneficial for our bodies in many ways. Moreover, it has more than 100 useful ingredients. It contains about 21 percent protein, 38 percent of sugar, and 35 percent of herbal oil and fat. Nigella seed’s health benefits are uncountable. Here are 17 Nigella seeds’ health benefits and uses for you.
“There is healing in Nigella seeds for all diseases except death,”
Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him).
Let’s know what are the nigella sativa health benefits and medicinal qualities for us in this black cumin.
Cumin Black Seed Health Benefits
Cumin seeds have a long history of being used for their medicinal properties. They are native to the Mediterranean region and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. Cumin seeds are a good source of iron, magnesium, and manganese. They also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Black cumin seeds have been shown to improve blood sugar control, lower cholesterol levels, and protect against certain cancers.
Cumin seeds are best known for their ability to aid in digestion. They can help to relieve gas, bloating, and indigestion. Cumin seeds are also thought to stimulate appetite and help with weight loss. Cumin seeds are a good source of iron, which is essential for healthy red blood cells and energy levels. They are also a good source of magnesium, which is important for healthy bones and muscles. Manganese is another important mineral found in cumin seeds, and it is essential for proper brain function.
Black cumin seeds have been shown to be effective in lowering blood sugar levels. One study showed that black cumin seed powder was able to significantly reduce fasting blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Another study showed that black cumin seed oil was able to lower cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels in people with high cholesterol.
Cumin seeds are also a good source of antioxidants. These compounds help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can lead to cell damage and disease. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals and prevent cell damage. Black cumin seeds contain several important antioxidants, including thymoquinone, carvacrol, and quercetin.
Black cumin seeds have also been shown to have anti-cancer properties. One study showed that black cumin seed oil was able to inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the colon. Another study showed that black cumin seed powder was able to kill pancreatic cancer cells.
Cumin seeds are a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different dishes. They can be used whole, ground, or as an extract. Cumin seeds can be added to curries, stews, soups, and vegetable dishes. They can also be used to make spice blends, such as garam masala. Cumin seeds can be bought from most grocery stores.
Nigella Seeds Benefits and Uses
- Control Diabetes: Mix kalijira powder and pomegranate skin powder with nigella oil and use them for controlling diabetes. This is very useful for diabetes.
- Prevent heart disease and fat loss: Mix nigella with tea or mix nigella oil with arak and drink it regularly, it is as good as heart disease and losing fat.
- Remove Headache: It is beneficial to massage nigella oil on the forehead, both sides of the chin, and at the sides of the ear for headaches.
- Remove neurological tension: Neurological tension is going out by drinking coffee with Nigella.
- Toothache Relief: If you have pain in your teeth, you will get relief in lukewarm water with nigella; Tongue, palate and dental germs die by using nigella.
- Remove worms: Nigella works to remove worms.
Some Awesome Health Benefits of Kalijira and Uses
- Mix nigella oil or paste with sesame oil and apply the mixer to blotch, the blotch is relieved. The black cumin helps in the treatment of chest, diarrhea, body ache, throat and toothache, migraine, hair fall, flux, cough, and asthma. Nigella plays a supporting role in cancer prevention.
- Black seeds are useful in protecting hair fall, insomnia, headache, protecting face and beauty, fatigue-weakness, inactivity and laziness, dietary appetite, brain power, and increasing memory power. Nigella is a very helpful friend to overcome pain, fever, and cough. It has a growing element. Allergies in the stomach, eliminating germs and gases increases appetite.
- Nigella has antimicrobial agents, the body’s disease-germicidal material. With this ingredient- the body is not easily injured, boils, or affected by infectious diseases.
- After giving childbirth, eating raw nigella paste increases the mother’s milk.
- Eat nigella seeds with honey everyday morning, it is very good for health and it protects every disease from the epidemic. Black cumin works for the development of merit at a double rate. Nigella itself is antibiotic or antiseptic.
- Works for cut repair.
- Kalijira paste is beneficial for women’s menstrual problems.
- Black cumin is very good for urine growth.
- Black seed is the most sophisticated drug for patients with sexually transmitted diseases and neurological weakness.
How to Eat kalonji Seeds
You can eat kalonji seeds in many ways like roasted, pasted, or even rough. You can use nigella in tea, this tea is very good for health. Check kalonji tea recipe here.
I hope the article on the nigella seeds’ health benefits makes you inspired. You will eat black seed oil and seeds for a healthy life. If you like my Nigella seeds health benefits article, please share this with your family and friends. I always take this and get an excellent result. Stay healthy and wealthy life.