Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Sultana Parvin
The Keto diet is a kind of diet that mainly focuses on high fat, low carbohydrate. Nowadays, it becomes one of the most popular terms of losing fat within a very short time (even reducing 15 kg weight in a month). This diet contains 5-10% of Carbs, 20-25% of Protein, 70% of Fat whereas the general diet contains 50% of Carbs, 20-25% of Protein, 25-30%% of Fat. The ketogenic diet for beginners by reading this article you will know:
- How the Keto diet works
- Types of Keto diet
- Which are the Keto diet foods
- Health benefit of the Keto diet
- Is it have any side-effect?
And so you have to continue to the last end of this article.
Table of Contents
How Ketogenic Diet Works For Beginners
Generally, the main food of our body cells is Glucose (Carbs). If we take extra Carbs more than our body demands, these extra Carbs converts to fat which is preserved in our body and increases body weight. But in the Keto diet, we input a nominal amount of Carbs which puts our body in a metabolic state namely Ketosis and the main food of our body becomes Ketone body (Fat) instead of Glucose. The body cells use preserved fats besides taken fats in the form of foods. Thus, fat loss starts.
Types of Keto Diets
There are different types of keto diets. Such as:
- Standard Keto Diet: It is mostly used keto diet containing 70-75% fat, 20% protein, & about 5% carbs.
- Cyclical Keto Diet: In Standard Keto Diet, one can’t keep one day on which he can take carbs as a balanced diet. But in Cyclical Keto Diet, one can keep one or two days on which they can take carbs. For example, five or six keto days followed by one or two carbs days.
- Targeted Keto Diet: In Targeted Keto Diet, one can take carbs during his work out times.
- High Protein Keto Diet: It contains more protein than Standard Keto Diet.This diet contains 30-35% protein, 5-10% carbs, 60% fat. It is very effective for those who want to lose weight.
Which are the Keto Diet Food
The keto diet foods are:
- Sea Foods: Fish can be a good keto diet food. They contain a low amount of carbs and a high amount of protein, minerals & vitamins.
- Low-Carb Vegetables: Starchy Vegetables (i.e. Potatoes, Yams or beets, etc. ) contain a high amount of carbs. One can consume any other vegetables except those starchy vegetables.
- Cheese: Cheese contains a high amount of protein and beneficial fat and also contains a minimal amount of carbs.
- Avocados: These are very ideal & healthy fruits. 100 grams of Avocados contain only 9 grams of carbs and so it is very useful in the keto diet.
- Meat & Poultry: These are consumed as the main food in the keto diet because they contain no carbs at all.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the most ideal foods in the world. Though it is considered as a food of a balanced diet, it is also a food of keto diet too. The presence of fewer carbs (1 gram carb for 1 egg) makes eggs the part and parcel of the keto diet.
Besides, one can also eat Coconut Oil, Plain Greek Yogurt, Olive Oil, Nuts, Butter, Berries, Olive, etc.
Health benefits of the Keto diet
We have already known that the keto diet helps in fat loss as well as weight loss. Besides, it has also a vast area of benefits. Such as:
- Helps in reducing the level of Glucose/Sugar in the blood as well as very beneficial to Diabetes patient.
- Reduces the risk of various cancers.
- Improves heart health.
- Protects brain functions.
- Increases the level of good HDL cholesterol in the blood.
- May help improve Acne.
- May play a vital role in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Is Ketogenic Diet For Beginners Have Any Side-effect?
Keto Diet may have some side effects. As a beginner, you must know them. This side effect is not only from the keto diet for beginners but also all keto meal takers.
- The problem of kidney stones.
- Excess protein in the blood.
- Deficiency of minerals & vitamins.
- The problem of fatty liver.
- The problem of constipation.
These side effects can be overcome by following some guidelines. These are :
- The problem of kidney stones can be overcome by drinking 3-4 liter water per day.
- Deficiency of vitamin and minerals can be prevented by taking foods which contain a high level of vitamins and minerals (such as seafood).
- The problem of constipation can be overcome by drinking a lot of water & fibrous low carb vegetables.
So, start your keto diet from today and witness the progressive change of your health by your own eyes. If you like this post, share it from your social media account and help your friend to know about the ketogenic diet for beginners.