If you have a very good menu for lunch or dinner for your guests, they will still look around for something else – that is nothing but chutney. There are different types of chutney, which creates extra appetite during lunch or dinner. Various fruits and vegetables can be used for making chutney. In Bangladesh, Pakistan and some parts of India, many varieties menu are prepared during a gathering of family and friends in any good occasion. Since eggplant is always available on the market in most of the country, Sultana’s recipe has taken this effort to make the eggplant chutney.
The recipe of eggplant chutney is kept very simple, so that anyone likes, can make this chutney easily. It needs only a few common spices and an eggplant. It is neither sweet not that hot. Rather it has low fat and low calorie. So you can very well serve this chutney people of any age including children and those have food restriction.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
Ingredients for eggplant chutney recipe
1 tbsp tamarind
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp hot chili powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
½ tsp salt
Process for eggplant chutney recipe
- Wash eggplant and peel the skin of the eggplant.
- Cut the eggplant into small pieces.
- Boil the eggplant pieces with a little bit of water so that eggplant pieces are tender.
- When eggplant pieces are tendered smash the eggplant with a spoon.
- Keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in ½ cup of water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes squeeze the tamarind and removing the seeds. Take the diluted tamarind water and keep aside.
- Heat cumin seeds in a dry pan for 2 minutes over medium heat. Ground the cumin seeds with blender or mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add mashed eggplant, chili powder, tamarind juice, and salt to the oil.
- After 1 minute add sugar to the eggplant.
- You can adjust by adding sugar, salt or chili as your desire taste.
- When the water becomes dry spread grounded cumin seeds over the eggplant.
- Your chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve the eggplant chutney as a side dish.
|Nutrition Facts: Amount per serving|
If you like my eggplant chutney recipe please share my recipe with your family and friends.
I love to cook and like to share my delicious food recipes with your family and friends.